Adults age 18 and older who have developed mental health disorders can receive personalized inpatient care at Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital. Our inpatient programming includes dual diagnosis services for adults who have a primary diagnosis of a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder.
Who Can Participate in Inpatient Programming?
Inpatient programming at Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, is designed for adults who have been struggling with mental health disorders and substance use disorders.
Admissions decisions for our inpatient program and all other programs at our hospital are made on an individual basis. Our team reviews each prospective patient’s history, needs, and goals to determine if our inpatient program is the optimal placement.
In general, our inpatient program serves people who meet criteria such as:
- Age 18 and older
- Have a primary diagnosis of a mental health disorder
- May need dual diagnosis services to address a substance use disorder
- Can attend and participate in therapy sessions and other elements of programming
Adults may step up to our inpatient program from a lower level of care, or they may enter our hospital directly at the inpatient level.
Prospective patients, their family members, and professionals who wish to make a referral to our psychiatric hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, can contact us at any time. We are prepared to conduct admissions screenings and evaluations 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Features of Our Inpatient Program
The inpatient units at Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, are safe and welcoming places where adults receive personalized services from a team of skilled professionals.
We understand that every adult who struggles with a mental health disorder is affected in a unique manner, and we believe that the best way to prepare each patient for sustained success is by providing them with a truly personalized experience while they are in our care.
After completing our intake assessment process, each person receives a customized plan to guide their care. Depending on a variety of individual factors, that plan may contain elements such as:
- Basic medical services
- Individual therapy
- Psychoeducation groups
- Process groups
- Family therapy and support services
The therapeutic components of our inpatient program for adults may incorporate a variety of modalities. The professionals who provide care in our inpatient units work closely with our patients to explain the features and benefits of each element of their personalized plan, answer any questions they may have, and encourage them to take ownership of their recovery to the greatest degree they are able.
Benefits of Inpatient Care
The specific benefits each adult receives from our inpatient program will depend on several personal factors, including their history, the nature and severity of the mental health concerns they have been struggling with, and their immediate and long-term goals.
Every adult who receives inpatient mental health services at our hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, can benefit from certain fundamental features of our programming, including:
- Safety and security – The safety of our patients, staff members, and visitors is the top priority at Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. We maintain a safe environment that meets or exceeds all relevant standards, and we provide round-the-clock supervision for all who receive care in our inpatient units.
- Dignity and respect – Many people who develop mental health concerns also unfortunately experience shame, diminished self-esteem, or lack of self-confidence. As part of our inpatient programming, we consistently demonstrate our unwavering belief in the inherent value and dignity of every person who is entrusted to our care.
- Dedicated professionals – All care at our hospital is provided by a multidisciplinary team of compassionate experts. Each member of our team contributes a unique set of skills and capabilities, and they all share a commitment to providing superior service within a welcoming and respectful environment.
- Detailed discharge planning – The day an adult enters our hospital, our team begins planning for their eventual discharge. By the time an adult has completed our inpatient program, we will have developed a detailed plan to guide the next phases of their journey to improved health. Our discharge plans are personalized to ensure that each adult is connected with the resources that will support their efforts to maintain and build on the progress they made in our inpatient program.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital.